Thursday 2 May 2013

Hobart or Sydney

I have some deep pleasures in life - the kind of activities that restore the soul and provide the kind of contentment that the dalai lama talks about.  One of these is talking to my amazing bestie, who lives life so totally glamorously, is generous and beautiful and loving and supporting.  Another and more recent pleasure in my life is reveling in lazy Saturday mornings with my beloved, cups of tea in hand, talking about all manner of things.  Usually there are dogs on the bed, sadly I am never organised enough to have ginger biscuits which would make the picture beyond perfect.  As luck would have it the birthdays of these two amazing people are six days apart and in June, I smell a trip brewing.

A couple of months ago the idea was floated that the bestie and I would meet in Hobart, as a born and bred Tasmanian the bestie is an amazing tour guide in her home state.  With May knocking on the door I thought the conversation should progress, seeing as I left ticket purchase to the last minute last trip I thought I should be more organised this trip.

An early morning chat and comparison of diaries (mine far less busy than hers) and a decision was made that rather than meeting in Hobart I would take my beloved to Sydney for a weekend of birthday fun.

Now here is where the conversation got interesting...... the beloved is not keen to fly Tiger, not one bit.  At 6 ft 3 inches he is much taller than I am, I literally could fit in the overhead locker if I needed to.  So the conversation went like this:
Beloved: "But why Tiger"
Me: "Because it is my 2013 challenge darling"
Beloved: "Challenge, what are you talking about?"
Me: "Darling you haven't read my blog have you"
Beloved: "Blog?  Tiger have been bought out by Virgin, let's fly them"
Me: "Trust me, this trip will make great blogging"

So, he is now on board, will be in Melbourne this weekend and flights will be booked, let the birthday festival planning begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment